My Honourable Father, Moulana Haroon Abasoomar Saheb (rahimahullah), who is also the Ameer of Darul Hadith Research Centre offered the following advices for those going for Haj:
1. Make Shukr at every point of the journey and do not complain.
2. Respect one and all:
a) Those people that are coming for Haj.
b) Those people that stay in the Holy Lands.
3. Always think that I am not deserving of this great bounty.
4. Make Istighfar after every deed.
5. Make du’a that Allah Ta’ala makes us better people.
6. You are part of a special delegation, therefore:
- Increase in du’a.
- Make special time for du’a.
7. Make a firm intention to:
- Fulfill all the Fard obligations.
- Make khidmah of everyone.
- Acquire complete Din in your life.
8. Guard your eyes and tongue.
9. Refrain from useless activities.
10. Give a lot of Sadaqah, and try to feed the poor especially.
11. Keep to the Haram Sharif and your room. Use the time properly and value your time.
12. The Ayah:
فَلا رَفَثَ وَلا فُسُوقَ وَلا جِدَالَ فِي الْحَجِّ
(Surah Baqarah, verse: 197)
Has three prohibitions:
- No obscenity
- No disobedience
- No arguments
13. Make this du’a in abundance: ‘O Allah make it easy for me and accept it from me.’
14. Look after your wife. Take it easy and at a manageable pace during the journey and make it comfortable for her.
15. Cleanse your heart from all evil thoughts and feelings before going to the Hajarul Aswad because it is like a photocopy machine and puts a seal on whatever the condition of your heart is.
16. Engage is Da’wah and Ta’lim wherever you are.
17. Spread the salam with the intention of reviving this Sunnah.
18. Read the masnun du’as especially the bazar du’as because in most cases you have to pass the bazars when going to the Haramayn.
19. Take your time when fulfilling your ‘Ibadah i.e. Salah, Tilawat, Dhikr, Du’a, Tawaf, Salat and Salam, because that is the object of going there.
20. Carry 10 bags of Sabr (patience) for this journey. This will enable you to overcome every difficulty and inconvenience without complaining, thereby gaining the full reward for your Haj.
Make du’a for my health. Especially for ‘Afiyah, to come off the dialysis treatment and for death with complete Iman.
Download the PDF here